Why you should start a pension now
Pensions - Real life story
How much you need to put away > Find out your investment risk level >
Save for retirement and save tax today
The chances are that even if you finish work in your mid-60s, your retirement could last as long as 20 or 30 years. That's a very long time to be relying on the meagre State pension of less than *210 a week.
If you want to truly enjoy your retirement without having to worry about money, you need to plan ahead.
The best way to plan ahead for retirement is with a pension. Essentially, a pension is a long-term saving plan. The money you put into your pension, together with any contributions from your employer, is invested assets such as shares, property, bonds, currency and cash. Office for rent . So your money gets plenty of opportunity to grow, especially over the longer term. By the time you retire you should have enough money to provide for a comfortable retirement, no matter how long it lasts.
Pensions come with a range of very attractive tax reliefs and benefits:
- You can claim tax relief at your marginal rate on the money you pay into your pension.
- If you pay income tax at 41%, that means every 100 you contribute would cost you just 59
- The money in your pension fund is allowed to grow tax-free
- When you retire, you can take up to 25% of your pension pot as a tax-free lump sum
We'll help find the pension for you
Pensions come in all shapes and sizes, from Personal Pensions and PRSAs to Self-Invested Pensions where you get to choose exactly how your pension funds are invested. Here at HMP Insurance & Pensions we can work with you to put together the best pension solution for your retirement needs and ambitions, whatever they might be.
- No entry fees - up to 100% of your contributions are invested in your chosen fund A Self-Invested option is available at no extra cost
- We have access to all the leading pension providers and funds in the Irish market We can show you how to retire early and still access your tax-free lump sum
- Our 'House View' approach to pension investing can guide your investment decisions
- Our annual management fees are amongst the lowest on the market
No matter what your pension needs are, from starting a pension to reviewing the performance of an existing plan or maximising your tax reliefs, our advice will always prove invaluable.