Home is where the heart is - so get the best cover for it
In recent years, news of flood damage has reminded us all of the importance of having the right Home Insurance in place at all times. But with Home Insurance premiums on the rise, nobody wants to pay more than they need to protect their home and its contents.
Everyone's insurance requirements are different and with a wide variety of products from different insurers, it can sometimes be hard to know what you do and don't need.
Choosing the right cover at the right price
At NFP we can help you choose the right cover at the right price. With access to every insurer in the market, we will match your needs with a policy that gives you all the protection and peace of mind you want, but at a price you'll be happy with.
Just call us today on 1890 467 467
When it comes to choosing Home Insurance, here are some things to look out for:
- You do not have to insure your home through your mortgage provider, but you will need to note their interest on your policy
- Buildings insurance covers the structure of and permanent fittings in your home, as well as sheds, garages and outbuildings
- Contents insurance covers your belongings, including furniture, electrical equipment, clothes, books and CDs
- Building costs have fallen so it's worth checking that the buildings insurance cover on your policy reflects this - you could save €100s
- You should insure the contents of your house for the cost of replacing them at today's prices
- A policy excess applies to every policy and this is the amount of a claim that you must pay yourself. It is usually €125 but you can cut your premium by paying more
- All Risks cover will protect items such as jewellery, clothing and cameras when you take them outside the home - but not sports equipment, hearing aids, mobile phones or bicycles.
- Specified All Risks cover applies to items with a value of more than €650 for which you want All Risks cover
- Any item worth more than €650 will require a written valuation before cover applies.